The GlobalCapital Cancer Care Plan
Cancer Care is here to help you by providing financial aid if you were to be diagnosed with cancer. Cancer Care plan subscribers in most cases are entitled to a lump sum of up to €100,000 should they be diagnosed with cancer.
Let us guide through what is cancer and most importantly what is Cancer Care!
What is Cancer Care?
Cancer Care is a unique product in the local market. It is intended to give peace of mind to the Life Assured. It is designed to provide important financial aid should the individual be diagnosed with cancer. When a person is diagnosed with cancer many certainties previously held vanish. This is where Cancer Care comes in. Cancer Care can reduce the worries and financial anxieties of the person concerned and also of those around him.
Let’s put it in simple terms: How does Cancer Care work?
Cancer Care is a very affordable and flexible product. We all wish that our loved ones are safeguarded from any harm. Unfortunately this is not always possible. Cancer care is there to protect you and your family in case you are diagnosed with cancer. If you are diagnosed with cancer, and you are covered with a Cancer Care policy you can receive a sum of up to €100,000 (subject to certain exclusions during the period that you are covered)
A sum of €100,000 might not cure you from your illness but it surely can help you and your family in this time of distress.
What if you had to temporarily stop working?
Though some employers are very supportive and understanding when their employees contract cancer, sometimes certain compromises have to be agreed upon. Imagine having to go by with reduced pay, or your planned promotion has now been put on hold. Your loved ones are already distressed because of your illness. Adding financial woes to a stressful situation is far from ideal. No one can be prepared for cancer, but you can be better prepared to face its secondary consequences. With the money you get from this policy you can provide for the loss of income and therefore focus on your treatment.
Cancer Care can assist you by:
- Covering short term debts of liabilities (e.g. an outstanding car loan)
- Helping for day-to-day expenses
- Replacing a lost income stream
- Allow you to take some time off work to concentrate on your treatment
- Allow you to put money aside for your loved ones
- Consider undertaking private treatment (in Malta or abroad) which otherwise would be off-limits with a reduced income
- Helping to finance travel costs of loved ones in case of overseas treatment
Other reasons to consider Cancer Care:
Everyone rejoices when a cancer patient overcomes this hurdle. However, such an ordeal is prone to leave some devastation in its wake. Ever thought that the scars of that battle might need to be addressed? With Cancer Care you can:
- Treat yourself and your loved ones to a well-deserved vacation
- Consider private reconstructive surgery or cosmetic surgery to parts of your body impacted by cancer.
- Finance further private treatment, for instance regular check-ups.
- Enhanced affordability for private help/home carers.
Cancer is a word which is very common in our lives. Around 2 out of 5¹ people are diagnosed with a form of cancer at some stage in their lives. In Malta, the most frequently diagnosed cancer are breast cancer in women, with over 250¹ new cases per year and prostate cancer for men with over 150¹ new cases per year.
Unfortunately nearly everyone knows someone who had to deal with cancer. Cancer is unexpected, and its earliest symptoms can take time to diagnose. With the evolution of oncology, treatments are getting better and life expectancy of persons diagnosed with cancer is increasing. However, we are still very vulnerable. Though research has identified a number of carcinogenic agents and substances, no one can be really immune to cancer. In most cases, the key towards a full recovery, is to get tested earlier so that cancer is detected in its very early stages. This is where we can help! We can be there for you in those tough times to give you hope to fight on.
What type of cancers does Cancer Care cover?
- If your cancer is diagnosed at the very first stage and does not progress further (carcinoma in situ), 15% of the sum assured will be paid. If your diagnosis progresses to cancer, then the remaining 85% will be paid ²
- If you are diagnosed with cancer immediately, 100% of the sum assured will be paid ²
In which situations does the Cancer Care policy not cover you?
- If you have undergone tumour markers, chemo-radio therapy and/or any other similar treatments and/or screenings (i.e. biopsy, TC, MRI, ultrasound, etc) in an outpatients ward in the last 10 years.
- If you planned to receive or have undergone regular treatment with cancer-related medicines in the last 10 years.
- If you undergone cancer related surgeries in the last 10 years.
- If you make use of any drugs and/or hallucinogens.
What is included in your Cancer Care policy?
- Free Child Cover up to 10% of the Parent’s Sum Insured
- Up until the age of 18, your children will be covered as part of the policy at no extra charge.
- Free Nursing Care Allowance
- An additional 5% of the sum assured will be paid after the admission on your first cancer claim. This sum will be as a ‘reimbursement’ to cover your medical expenses, examinations and treatment. You can also claim for any other cancer-related treatment.
Second Cancer Claim Cover
You will have the option of making a second cancer claim for 100% of your sum assured after you have been cancer-free for 5 years. Your cancer free period starts on the day you complete your treatment for the first cancer.
²Terms and conditions apply. Not all types of cancers are covered and are subject to certain exclusions. Figures mentioned are for illustration purposes only and each case is subject to underwriting and rates may be lower as well as higher.
Call us for a meeting today on 21 342 342.
We can arrange an appointment at our offices or else set up a personalized visit at your convenience!Malta Office
GlobalCapital, Testaferrata Street, Ta Xbiex, XBX 1403 MaltaGozo Office
GlobalCapital, President JF Kennedy Square, Victoria, VCT2580, Gozo, Malta